3.20.2012

Highlights of the last few days

We had a good quiet weekend. Here are the highlights...

My mom brought us dinner on Friday night...yuuuuussss! Not only is she the best cook ever, but that means I didn't have to cook. Moms are the best!

shepherd's pie and salad...mmmm!

On St. Patty's Day my friend & neighbor, Cathy, ran a 10K with me!


We've been training for this race for months and it felt good to finally cross it off the list. And since it was St. Patrick's Day, we decked ourselves out in green!


This little munchkin is feeling a lot better! She was also decked out in green, so no pinching here!


In honor of the holiday, the kids and I baked a Rainbow Cake with Cloud Frosting. I think they had more fun making it than eating it.


Such a happy cake!


I got the cloud frosting recipe from here. It's basically a meringue and is very shiny & pretty. It kinda tastes like marshmallows, which is not really my thing, but it's fun and very fitting for a rainbow cake :)

Sunday was a true day of rest around here. With everyone getting over nasty bugs we figured it was best to hunker down and stay home.

Yesterday was a pretty average day. Sweet Pea had a playdate in the morning, while The Boy was at school.

We had lunch.

Cleaned up the house.

The kids played with a circuit board.





And jumped in a pile of pillows.


I hope you're having a great week!

No comments: