10.29.2011

Meals


My mother in-law had back surgery last week and came home on Wednesday. So to help her and my father in-law out I made them a couple of days' worth of meals.

I seem to provide meals to friends and family often, which is fun for me. I enjoy it. Although, I know for some, it's not the easiest thing to come up with a meal to give. So, I thought I'd share what I made for our in-laws, all of which are freezer-friendly meals as well:

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas + salad
Lasagna + salad + garlic bread
Beef Dip Sandwiches + chips
Corn & Potato Chowder + rolls
Take and Bake Pizza + salad
Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Cookies

When you're making meals for others, it doesn't have to be super fancy (hello take & bake pizza!) and I have found (from experience) that it's nice to include a breakfast item too.

I remember someone brought us a meal after one of our babies and they also brought muffins. It was a huge blessing to us, because when you have little ones, a good breakfast is hard to whip up all the time.

Some other ideas (for your friends or freezer):
Breakfast Burritos
La Bamba Casserole
Fruit Crisp

IF you find that you're organizing meals for someone, check out this website. People sign up for days that you set and displays the meal they are planning to bring, which is super helpful! That way, the receiver doesn't get 15 lasagnas. Then it will send a reminder to the giver, the receiver and you, the coordinator. It is so simple and helpful. And FREE!

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: