5.22.2012

13.1

On Saturday I participated in my first ever half marathon. 13.1 miles! It was a big deal for me.



Last year I did my first 5K and I had a goal to complete a 10K and half marathon in 2012. It feels good to meet goals. To check it off my list. It was hard...especially since my partner who I had been training with for months got sick :( Major bummer!

I hit my wall at mile 10 and walked a lot of the last 3 miles, but my goal was to finish and that's what I did. I was so excited to see that finish line!


Pure joy on my face...to be done! The half marathon was called Queen of the Highroad and I got a tiara for finishing. Way better than a metal, if you ask me!

After a much needed nap, my hubby and I went on a date night! Dinner and a movie...The Avengers.


It was the perfect way to end a great day!

No comments: