2.14.2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, you may have noticed I took a little blog vaycay. In fact, our family took an actual week-long vacation to get some sun! It was somewhat of a last minute thing, so blogging got put on the back burner while I took a few days to get prepared. I have lots of pictures to share, but today, since it's Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share what's been going on around here for that.

Yesterday, my hubby came home with this...

I love Birds of Paradise! So tropical!

and this...

he knows me so well

He even came home with flowers for Sweet Pea


and McDonald's gift card for the kids. He is so awesome!

After dinner, Sweet Pea and I made these for everyone in her class...


and we packaged them up all cute

how cute are those little hedgehogs? you can find the printable here

And the boy signed these valentines...

you can find the printable here

and filled little bags with a pencil and lollipop



The kids woke up to find these little valentines


and a special breakfast


The morning started out so well, but quickly turned...
one full cup of chocolate milk spilled all over the table
then the boy decided to put on a temporary tatoo as we were trying to leave, making a huge puddle of water on the kitchen floor
we were really late to school
sweet pea was short on valentines
and once I finally made it to the gym, my workout defeated me.

THEN...during the last part of my workout, as the sun popped through the clouds for a minute, this song came on and reminded me to focus on bigger and better things...


It's funny how God can use such a simple thing like music to change your perspective and your mood.

So, I picked up the kiddos from school, we went to lunch and then my parents surprised me and came to pick up all the kids for a few hours as a valentine's gift to me! How amazing are they?

I cleaned up the combat zone house with my music blaring, because I could :)

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: