10.22.2014

Saving time & money in each area of the home


Since we are a one-income family, I am always looking for ways to save money. And as a busy mama, time is precious and I'm always trying to manage it just the right way.



Today I'm sharing some tips on how to save time and money in every area of the home. Here are a few tips  I've learned:

IN THE KITCHEN:

- Use coupons when grocery shopping.

- Plan your meals weekly based on what's on sale at the grocery stores. I recently posted a fall meal plan here.

- My Crock-pot is a huge time saver!

IN THE BATHROOM:

- Again, using coupons for toiletries saves a lot of money.

- To save on RAZORS (which can be crazy expensive!) check out Dollar Shave Club. You can get razors delivered to your door, for as low as ONE DOLLAR! For reals.



- Make your own cleaners. Clean Mama has 8 great recipes.

8 DIY Bathroom Cleaner Recipes via Clean Mama
via

IN THE LIVING SPACES:

- I like using thrifted and free items to decorate with. For example, I made this no-sew fabric garland from fabric straps I already had. Tutorial from Joy's Hope here.



- The pumpkin print is a free printable from TomKat Studio here. Framed in a dollar store frame.



- Another free printable is this cute little banner for our mantle from 30 Days here. Other than the cost of the ink and paper, this is a free and cute Fall decoration.









IN THE BEDROOMS:

- Look for quilts, afghans and blankets at second hand stores.

- Make your own pillows and curtains.

via


- Paint furniture you already have for a new look.

via


 What are your tips for saving time & money?

No comments: