5.21.2014

Recipes for Shredded Chicken

Last week I scored a great deal on boneless, skinless chicken breasts and ended up with almost 6 pounds. While I could've frozen them for another time, I decided to boil them up to make multiple meals for the week.

I've found that boiling chicken gives the best results for shredding. It only takes about 45 minutes and doesn't require any time hovering over the piping hot stove.

So out of my nearly 6 pounds of chicken, I got 8 heaping cups of shredded chicken.

Here are a few of the recipes (or similar meals) that we made or plan to make:

BBQ Chicken Salad - This healthy, flavorful salad comes together so quickly, and it's guaranteed to be a hit with your entire family!
Perfect for lunch! via


YUM! via

Chicken Tacos via


Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwich
Hawaiian Smokey Sweet Pulled Chicken Sandwiches *drool*
via

Skinny Chicken Salad from Our Best Bites
Another yummy lunch via

via

Baked Chicken Flautas
via

What are YOUR favorite chicken recipes?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This recipe looks great, can’t wait to try this out. I’m really interested about the rice, sounds pretty weird, but I’m definitely going to give it a try.
Personal Chef For A Night

Brittany Turco said...

Thanks for checking it out! My kids loved the Chicken & Black Bean Enchilada and Rice Bake. It might sound weird, but it's a keeper!