10.18.2012

Life Truly is a Vapor

"On an average day, we forget that our life truly is a vapor." That's what Francis Chan talks about in chapter two of his book, Crazy Love. So as I was contemplating, this happened.

A story of a 7 year old boy in our community who has been diagnosed with a very rare brain tumor. To make matters worse, his parents do not have jobs and were served an eviction notice after arriving home from their doctor's appointment and finding out that their son was terminally ill.

As a mother of a 7 year old boy, I was heart-broken. I cannot imagine what they are going through. In a matter of a few hours, their whole life had changed. Been tuned upside down. Then after seeing how their neighbors and community came together I thought, "that is what it's all about". God calls us to love and care for our neighbors (Mark 12:31) and to live each day for Him, showing the love He has freely given to us to others (1 Cor. 10:31, Deut. 10:19, John 10:10 and many others).

Today could be the day I meet God, face-to-face. So, today I'm asking Him to reveal opportunities to me. To use me as a vessel. How can I further His Kingdom today? It's a question I should be asking everyday.

Here's a short little clip from Francis himself, regarding this topic...


The 7 year old little boy and his family have a hard road ahead. If you'd like to help, stay connected and show them that they are loved, visit the Facebook page here.



No comments: