10.30.2012

Homemade Costume

The Boy had a Harvest Party at school on Friday night, so what was I doing on Friday during the day? Spray painting his costume. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

He wanted to be an astronaut, so here's what I started with...snow pants. And a pair of gloves.

photo22

After a can of silver spray paint...

photo12


I bought the helmet on eBay. It's cheaply made, but it does the job. I found a silver Hanna Montana jacket at Goodwill (Shhh! Don't tell him it's a girls' jacket), slapped some NASA stickers on it and BOOM! Astronaut in the house! 


astronaut

We bought the girls' costumes, but astronaut costumes were ridiculously expensive, so I went this route. It's not only easy and inexpensive, but it will keep him warm while trick-or-treating too!

Are you ready for Halloween? Do you put together your own costumes?

No comments: