3.01.2012

One Skillet Tater Tot Casserole


While my husband was out of town last week, I needed a quick, kid-friendly dinner. Tater tots were sounding really good, so, I whipped this up in a jiffy. My friend, Katie, gave me a recipe for Cheesy Beef and Rice Casserole which I used as a starting point. Added bonus...it does not contain canned, condensed soup!

I started with a pound of ground beef and 1/2 of a large onion, which I cooked up in my skillet.

I seasoned it with some garlic salt and added a can of green beans.

Now for the creamy sauce...remember: no canned soup. Just...


1 cup of sour cream and 1/3 cup of milk.

Top with a layer of tater tots and some cheese and pop it in the oven. And in 20 minutes you're ready to eat!



One Skillet Tater Tot Casserole


1 lb. ground beef
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
garlic salt to taste
1 can green beans
1 c. sour cream
1/3 c. milk
1.5-2 lbs. frozen tater tots
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded

In a small bowl, mix sour cream and milk together. Set aside.
In a large (oven-safe) skillet, brown beef and onions. Season with garlic salt.
Add green beans.
Pour sour cream mixture over beef mixture. Mix well.
Add a single layer of frozen tater tots over the creamy beef mixture. Top with cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

One pan...from stove top to oven to table. Easy. Yummy. Kid-friendly.

Speaking of easy dinners...I'm loving all these crockpot meals I'm finding on Pinterest. I made this last night, and this the night before that. Both were very yummy!!

*************************************************************

By the way...Happy March!! Our March did not start off too well. I had to pick up the boy a little early from school today because he wasn't feeling well. 


Fever. Vomiting. Tummy-ache. Head-ache. NO FUN! Poor guy. :( I hate having sick kids.


For this month I'm doing this...

via


My cousins are doing it too. It's gonna be fun to see what they come up with each day. 

Today's challenge was "UP"...


Lots of gray clouds up in here. In fact we had snow/rain mix today and it was coooold! Brrr!

No comments: