3.11.2014

A little rainbow love



Last week the kids and I made rainbow cupcakes.
























Just a white cake mix, prepared as directed on the box and divided into six bowls with added food coloring.


Then layer the colors in the cupcake liners...easy peasy.


It's a happy mess and you can't NOT be happy eating one. They are just too fun!




Top with whipped cream or my favorite cream cheese frosting:

2 (8 oz) blocks of cream cheese, softened
1 c. butter (2 sticks), softened
1 pound confectioners' sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, mix cream cheese and butter until well blended. 
Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla and mix until combined.
Pipe or spread on cupcakes/cake.
Refrigerate or freeze any remaining frosting.

I've also done this in a cake form, instead of cupcakes. Both are fun and happy.


I love rainbows...I even have a Rainbow Pinterest board. Check it out here.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments: