1.04.2012

Master Bedroom Redo: Part 4

I can't believe I've been working on this silly bedroom since August!!

I was so certain I knew what I wanted when it came to the bedspread. So I ordered it and it came, but I was disappointed.

It was thin. The color was all wrong. And the look was not coming together like I had hoped. So, back to the drawing board I went.

I waited and waited until I found the right one. And finally, just before Christmas I found it (even the cat approves)! So, here it is...our (mostly) finished Master Bedroom:



I loooove this throw. So ruffly and fun!


My hubby hung these shelves and we each got one for some of our things. Can you tell who's is who's? HA!





Have you seen Along Came Polly? My husband keeps joking about the pillows, referring to this scene:


hahahaha! We don't have THAT many pillows!

I still have some pictures to hang and some ceiling paint to touch up, but we are in the home stretch now.

Thanks for looking. If you're interested in seeing the before pictures, you can click here.

18 comments:

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

It looks fabulous! Since we just moved, we are still in the process of getting our new room all together so I love looking at everyone's ideas!

Thanks so much for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I will be featuring this tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! I love the wall color and the globe is so pretty! I've been on the hunt for one. Plus, I love owls. It's an all around win :)

chris said...

The pillows are great. It took me a bit to convince my husband that we needed some. But, he finally agreed they look nice. :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I don't know how many times I picked up that yellow one and put it back! I still kick myself for not snatching it up! Your room looks lovely!

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

This looks so dreamy!!! I love your ideas and I am jealous of your chandelier!!! wow!!! Those pillows are so cute too... can you come to my house...LOL!

Thanks for linking this up!

Brandi said...

Your room looks great! Such a nice place to relax in after a long day! Love your pillows too!

Abbie said...

It really has come together SO well! I LOVE the color scheme, but that might be because I have it in my living room (in fact, I have both that yellow rosette pillow and the fabric for those chevron pillows! : ).

Thanks SO much for linking up your awesome posts @ Feature Friday Free-for-All!

P.S. I'm your newest follower via email and would be so honored if you'd follow my blogging journey as well (if you don't already! : )).

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful bedroom!! I love the colors and the fact that you let your husband do a little decorating :)
Penni from
afewofmyfavoritethings-penni.blogspot.com

Kaitlin said...

Nice work lady! I love the pillows and the Chevron, just enough! I might be asking you to help me with a little redo or maybe even in Leahs room....my masterful friend!

Sugar Mama Bakeshop said...

So pretty! I love it :)

Unknown said...

Pretty room- I love that owl!

Anonymous said...

I just want to lay down on that comfy beadspread.Do u mind sharing where u found that from?

Brittany Turco said...

I found the comforter set at our local Fred Meyer (Kroger), of all places. The package said Royal Elegance Faux Fur Mini Comforter Set. I googled it to see if I could find it online, but nothing came up.

Breann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breann said...

So pretty! Where is your bed from? I am looking for a nice metal bed in that color. Also, what are your paint colors if you don't mind sharing. Thanks! :)

Brittany Turco said...

@Breann...we purchased our bed frame through Overstock.com years ago. I just looked and they still carry it! Here's the link: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Austen-Queen-size-Bed/2703093/product.html
The wall color is called Blue Fox, by Behr. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I would love to know where you found that yellow pillow. Its awesome!
Thanks.
Mveale

Brittany Turco said...

The pillow came from Target :)