12.07.2011

Finishing up the Happy Day Project

A few weeks ago (okay, closer to a month ago), Julie and Jeanette put on a week long event for blessing others called the Happy Day Project. If you follow my blog, you know that I did not complete it as planned. BUT, I'm happy to report that this week I checked off a few more of the days.

DAY 4: Give a book to a friend/The Joyful Life Library


I'm not much of a reader. Sad, but true. I'm really good at starting books, but not finishing them (hmmm...I think there's a pattern here). Anyway, I didn't have any books to give, but because the majority of my reading is children's books I decided to donate some children's classics to The Joyful Life Library.

After reading about how and why it was started, I thought...that is SO AWESOME! Then, I found out that our local Children's Hospital is one of the seven locations! SO SO AWESOME! So, they will be receiving a little package of books from me in the very near future, or maybe we'll hand deliver them...we'll see.

DAY 5 was to "Refresh Someone". We'll be making a donation to Living Water International to provide clean  water to those who don't have access to drinkable water. Join us!

DAY 6: Thank Someone in Service

Since Christmas is coming up, I sent a card through the American Red Cross' Holiday Mail for Heroes. It's a great way to lift up and encourage our soldiers. If you would like to send a card, there's still time! Your card must be post-marked by this Friday, December 9th. You can send your cards to:

Holiday Mail For Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

And that's as far as I got. I'm so glad Julie and Jeanette put this together and I hope they do it again!

You can see all my other days here.

No comments: