This is a highly requested recipe by our family and friends. The recipe came from one of my mom's co-workers and let me tell you...these brownies are LEGEN (wait for it) DARY!!! SOOOO good!
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
2/3 c. butter, at room temp
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. Kahlua
1 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13" baking pan.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter together.
3. Remove pan from heat and mix in sugar, eggs, vanilla and Kahlua.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
If you want to go the easy route (like me)...use a boxed brownie mix. Prepare as directed, with the addition of 1/2 c. Kahlua.
Then it's time for the FROSTING...the MOST IMPORTANT part of the brownies:
2 Tbsp. Kahlua
1 tsp. instant espresso
1/2 c. butter, at room temp
2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2-3 tsp. milk
1. In a small bowl, mix Kahlua and instant espresso, stirring until espresso is dissolved.
2. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar and vanilla together.
3. Add espresso mixture and beat until well blended.
4. Add milk for desired consistency.
5. Spread over cooled brownies.
And now for the added little bonus...the chocolate TOPPING:
1 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1 Tbsp. butter
1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter together.
2. Cool slightly and drizzle over frosted brownies.
3. Cool until chocolate is set.
4. Cut into small squares.
And there you have it! It might look like an overwhelming amount of steps, but it's really not. Try them and let me know what you think!
Thanks for stopping by to check out bebe a la mode designs' blog! I'm excited to share with you things that I'm working on. I enjoy blogging about parties, kids, crafts, recipes and the beautiful life God has given me!