Coconut Banana Pancakes
One of the things on our summer list was to make "fancy pancakes". So, I came up with these...Coconut Banana Pancakes. And they were goooood! Wanna try? Well then let's get cookin'...
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. buttermilk
3/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas, plus extra for garnish
1/4 c. toasted coconut*, plus extra for garnish
Non-stick cooking spray
* To toast coconut, place it in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until browned.
1. In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, milk, eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
3. Using a fork, mash bananas. Mix in toasted coconut.
4. Use non-stick cooking spray on large skillet or griddle.
5. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop batter on hot pan or griddle.
6. Place about a tablespoon of banana/coconut mixture on each pancake.
7. Cook until bubbles start to form around the edges, about 2-3 minutes.
8. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
9. Repeat until all batter is used.
10. Serve with bananas, toasted coconut, butter and syrup. Or if you're feeling really crazy...Peanut Butter!
How's your summer list coming along?